WIC is a special
supplemental food program that provides nutritious foods, milk, juice,
formula and other items to low income pregnant or breastfeeding women,
infants and children up to the age of five.
has been shown to improve the health of pregnant women, new mothers and
their infants and children. The foods provided through WIC are a good
source of essential nutrients that are often missing from the diets of
woman and young children. WIC participants have longer, healthier
pregnancies and fewer premature births.
is committed to improving the health of eligible participants by
providing nutrition education, breastfeeding support, healthy foods and
referrals to health and social programs.
goal of the WIC Program is to decrease the risk of poor birth outcomes
and improve the health of participants during critical stages of growth
are eligible for WIC if you live in Oregon, are a pregnant, postpartum
or breastfeeding woman, an infant or child under 5 years of age, have a
nutritional need, have a household income that is less than or equal to
the income guidelines for the program or receive TANF, SNAP or
the Oregon Health Plan.
Why get WIC for your family?
- Women on WIC eat better, have healthier babies and receive early prenatal care.
- Infants born to WIC mothers weigh more and grow and develop better.
- Children on WIC eat foods with more iron and vitamin C, and visit their doctor regularly.
What you get with WIC:
Answers to your nutrition questions.
Breastfeeding help and a breast pump program for moms who are returning to school or work or have a medical need.
Help getting other services.
Immunization review and referral.
Information on how to feed your child, prenatal care, breastfeeding and much more.
Vouchers to buy foods that help keep you healthy and strong:
Milk, Cheese, Eggs, Juice, Peanut butter, Cereal, Dried Beans or Peas, and Fresh or Frozen Fruits and Vegetables
March Featured Classes:
- March 10, 3 pm. Baby Wearing
- March 13, 9 am Cloth Diapering on the Cheap
- March 13, 11 am Working Mamma
- March 13, 2 pm. Breastfeeding
- March 13, 3 pm. Understanding Your Newborn
- Secrets for Picky Eaters
- March 24, Deadline for online classes
- March 30, Tyak Dental at Main
- April 10, Tyak Dental at Main
- April 11, Tyak Dental at Vernonia
- Spanish Appointments Tuesdays and Thursdays
- You may also attend online classes; to log in you will need the 8 digit number on the back of your eWIC card:
online WIC classes
- New WIC food list starting October 1st!
- Visit our WIC Pinterest Page: pinterest.com/colcowic.
- E-WIC is here!
We'll Be Near You:
- April 11, 9:30-1, Scappoose Grace Lutheran Church
- April 12, 9:30-1, Rainier Senior Center with Tyak Dental
- April 13, 9:30-1, Clatskanie 1010 NE 5th
- April 14, 9:30-1, Vernonia Health Center